By Tim Gamble
You all know by now that Trump's arraignment is scheduled for Tuesday in New York. Some folks may be planning protests in New York or elsewhere. This will be a huge mistake.
Do not participate in any active protests next week, either in New York or elsewhere. The Left is most likely planning some sort of Jan. 6 trap for protestors. They are expecting violence, even if they have to instigate it themselves. They are expecting threats of violence, even if they have to twist our words to find it. They are expecting racial slurs to be hurled at Manhattan DA Alvin Bragg, even if they have to pretend they heard what was never said. Don't give them the excuse.
Yes, protests are a valid means of resistance, but only if we are smart in how we use them. We must decide for ourselves the when, where, and how of our protests. We cannot allow the Left to manipulate our emotions in a way that gives them what they want.
Jan. 6 was a disaster because it was predictable that Trump supporters would go to the Capitol to protest. The Left had plenty of time to arrange the set-up and spring their trap. We allowed the Left to use our emotions against us to make sure the protest happened according to their when, where, and how. And they were ready. We were not.
Tuesday in New York could be a repeat. That is what the Left is hoping. Don't give them what they want. Stay out of New York, and away from any protests.
There are other, better, ways to show your support for Trump:
- Wear Trump, MAGA, and America First hats and shirts next week
- Fly Trump, MAGA, and America First flags
- Put up Trump, MAGA, and America First yard signs and posters
- Donate to the Trump campaign, if you are so inclined
- Control the narrative:*
- in conversations with others
- in communicating with your congressman and senators
- when calling in to local talk radio
- when writing a letter to the editor of your local paper
*Control the narrative, stick to these three points:
- This is purely a political stunt
- The Manhattan DA does not have jurisdiction over federal election laws
- Both the DOJ and FEC, who do have jurisdiction, investigated these accusations and both found there is no evidence of a crime
When talking to others about these events, do not make any threats, or say anything that could be even remotely misunderstood as a threat. Stay polite at all times - do not use obscene or vulgar language. Do not use racial slurs. The Left is looking for these things, so don't let them find them.