By Tim Gamble
The China Spy Balloon was finally shot down Saturday (Feb. 4) off the coast of South Carolina. It is interesting to note that the balloon was shot down only after it had completely traversed the entire US and presumably finished its spy mission. Why the China Spy Balloon was allowed to finish its spy mission remains a total mystery... Or does it?
There is an undeniable state of Cold War between China and the US, and China seems determined to march to a full-blown hot war over Taiwan (as well as the Senkaku Islands of Japan, among other claims by China over islands and territories of other nations).
I say an undeniable Cold War, but actually many people deny this fact. Listening to FOX Business this week, I heard many interviews with wealthy businessmen, corporate big-wigs, and other "experts" - all lamenting the China Spy Balloon out of one side of their mouth, while out of the other side of their mouth denying the existence of any cold war with China or any possibility of a future hot war. They all gave versions of the same reason: that there is simply too much money to be made between the world's two largest economies for an actual war to break out. In other words, they all are on the take from China, directly (bribes, donations, funding, the buying of Hunter Biden's artwork) or indirectly (access to China's vast markets and the promise of massive profits to be made). They are literally selling out America, and don't care about any potential threats.
Of course, the fact that many politicians, bureaucrats, environmental activists, mainstream journalists, college professors, and other leftists, openly admire China's highly centralized, authoritarian control over the people, also goes a long way to convincing those folks to turn a blind eye to the dangers of communist China.
Investigative journalist Peter Schweizer wrote a book about these traitors that was published just last year. In it, Schweizer "exposes the large number of American elites who are eager to help the Chinese dictatorship in its quest for global hegemony. Presidential families, Silicon Valley gurus, Wall Street high rollers, Ivy League universities, even professional athletes—all willing to sacrifice American strength and security on the altar of personal enrichment." (book title and link to its Amazon page is in the suggested readings list below).
Most American Elites have sold out to China, for money and/or ideology. In the current Cold War with China, and in any future hot war, they have already chosen China's side.
A Suggested Readings List
- Red-Handed: How American Elites Get Rich Helping China Win, by Peter Schweizer. Highly Recommended!
- War Without Rules: China's Playbook for Global Domination, by Brig. Gen. Robert Spalding. Highly Recommended!
- Stealth War: How China Took Over While America's Elite Slept, by Brig. Gen. Robert Spalding. Highly Recommended!
- The Hundred-Year Marathon: China's Secret Strategy to Replace America as the Global Superpower, by Michael Pillsbury
- Unrestricted Warfare: China's Master Plan to Destroy America, by Qiao Liang and Wang Xiangsui
- China's Vision of Victory, by Jonathan D T Ward
- Deceiving the Sky: Inside Communist China's Drive for Global Supremacy, by Bill Gertz
- How China's Communist Party Made the World Sick, by Bill Gertz
- When China Rules the World: The End of the Western World and the Birth of a New Global Order, by Martin Jacques
- The Great U.S.-China Tech War, by Gordon G Chang
- China Rx: Exposing the Risks of America's Dependence on China for Medicine, by Rosemary Gibson
- The CCP is at War with America: The Chinese Communist Party’s COVID-19 Biological Warfare Attack and What’s Next, by the Center for Security Policy