- Death toll rises to 321 people, and about 500 injured
- 45 children are among the dead
- The US State department has confirmed "at least four Americans are among the dead," but has not released their identities
- So far, 40 suspects have been arrested or detained
- The Islamic State (ISIS) has claimed responsibility
- Sri Lankan prime minister, Ranil Wickremesinghe,has stated the attacks have Islamic State links
- Several Sri Lankan officials have stated that the attacks were motivated by revenge for the mosque mass shooting in New Zealand
- U.S. intelligence sources have also said the attack has "hallmark's of ISIS"
- Sri Lanka’s president, Maithripala Sirisena, gave the military sweeping police powers starting Tuesday
- Sri Lankan officials had prior intelligence of a possible terror attack targeting Catholic churches was being planned, but failed to act on that information
- The prime minister and the president, political rivals, are blaming each other for the failure to act on the prior intelligence
Please subscribe to this website using the Follow By Email field at the bottom of the right hand column.
Follow me on USA.Life at https://usa.life/TimGamble
Follow me on GAB at https://gab.ai/TimGamble
Follow me on Minds at https://www.minds.com/TimGamble
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/TimGamble