1) LDS Preparedness Manual (you'll have to give them an email address to download) - The Mormons have taught/required preparedness and self-reliance of their members for generations, and have accumulated much practical knowledge on the subject, much of which is presented here.The link is to the most current edition, but if you don't want to give them your email address, you can get the 2011 edition at this link (.pdf automatically downloads).
2) The Complete Book of Self-Sufficiency (.pdf automatically downloads) by John Seymour. I found the link to the 1976 book edition of the book on the City Farmer News website, so check them out.
3) The Complete Outdoorsman's Handbook (.pdf automatically downloads) by Jerome J. Knap.
4) Back To Eden Organic Gardening Film (link to the documentary on You Tube): "Back to Eden Film shares the story of one man’s lifelong journey, walking with God and learning how to get back to the simple, productive organic gardening methods of sustainable provision that were given to man in the garden of Eden. The food growing system that has resulted from Paul Gautschi’s incredible experiences has garnered the interest of visitors from around the world. Never, until now, have Paul’s organic gardening methods been documented and shared like this!"
5) Bee Basics: An Introduction to Our Native Bees (.pdf automatically downloads) - a publication of the US Forest Service. Bees are, of course, very important to the pollination process, and our gardens depend on them. Its important to understand their role, and how to protect them.
6) Plans For a Complete Beekeeping System (several downloading options available) - Again, bees are important for your garden and fruit trees. Besides, I love honey.
7) #HistoryHub - a part of my website, #HistoryHub has the text of over 40 primary historical documents, and over a dozen secondary sources. Whether you are a home schooler or just wanting to understand real history (not the ideological propaganda taught in schools), you should check it out. And keep checking back, because I frequently update #HistoryHub.
8) Basic Physical Health with Limited Resources (.pdf automatically downloads) - an LDS publication. Maintaining good health before, during, and after a SHTF event is extremely important.
9) Surviving The New World Order (several downloading options available) by B.A. Brooks. I'm typically not one to buy into grand conspiracies, but this 20-page booklet has a lot of really usefully prepper and survivalist information.
10) LDS Nutritution and Diet Manual (.pdf automatically downloads) - another LDS publication dealing with health and nutrition.
11) The Alpha Strategy: The Ultimate Plan for Financial Self-Defense for the Small Investor
(.pdf automatically downloads) - a famous, but now out-of-print, book from 1980. The Alpha Strategy presents a plan to protect your assets from both high inflation and depression, as well as high taxation and political manipulation.
12) Article Archive of The Backwoods Home Magazine - 100s of free articles on homesteading, gardening, raising food, self-reliance, and other topics of interest to preppers and survivalists.
TimGamble.com is now on Facebook. Please "Like" us!