1) Please continue to pray the Prayer For Forgiveness and Repentance of the United States
Save and protect, O Lord, these United States of America and have mercy on us. As a nation, we have turned our backs on you and have sinned. We have allowed our God-given liberties to be taken away. We have allowed the epidemic of abortion to fester out of control. We have allowed prayer to be eliminated from our schools, and Your Word and commandments to be banned from our public squares. We have allowed Your place in our nation’s history to be erased from our textbooks and our minds. We have turned our backs on Your teachings. We no longer look to You and Your Word for our standards of right and wrong, replacing those absolute truths with the whim of our own opinions. We have allowed decadence and depravity of all sorts to become public and commonplace. Common decency has become a thing of the past. We confess these and all our sins to You and ask forgiveness for ourselves and our nation. Bring us to a state of true repentance - a returning to You - as both individuals and as a nation. We confess Your lordship over every aspect of our lives and our nation. Help us to follow You once again. Restore your mercy and blessings to these United States of America, and re-establish a hedge of protection around us. In the name of our Lord Jesus Christ we pray, Amen.
Supporting Verse: "If My people who are called by My name will humble themselves, and pray and seek My face, and turn from their wicked ways, then I will hear from heaven, and will forgive their sin and heal their land." --2 Chronicles 7:14 (NKJV)
2) Pray for the new School Year
As schools across the country are starting the new school year, please pray for the safety of all - children, teachers, and administrators. Pray, too, that the rights of students be protected, as the start of each new school year seems to bring more and more intolerance for religious freedom and traditional values. We are already seeing examples of religious freedoms being attacked by atheist activist groups, in places like Texas, Mississippi, and Kentucky (links are to news stories on other websites).
3) Please pray these Additional Prayers
- Bless, O Lord, and have mercy on President Obama, Chief Justice Roberts, House Speaker Boehner, Senate Majority Leader McConnell, and all other political leaders of our nation. Grant them wisdom, so that they serve Your Will. Block any of their plots and schemes that run counter to Your good and perfect Will, or that threaten the inalienable rights You have given to us.
- Remember, O Lord, and have mercy upon the whole clergy of Your Church, and grant them the wisdom and strength needed to boldly preach and do Your will during these perilous times.
- Grant, O Lord, blessings and mercies to all current and former members of our armed forces. Protect them and keep them safe.
- Bless, O Lord, and have mercy on those who serve as police officers, fire fighters, paramedics, and other first responders.
- Save, O Lord, and have mercy upon the old, the young, the unborn, the needy and poor, the orphans and widows, the sick, the disabled, the oppressed and the imprisoned. Especially have mercy on those suffering for Your sake.
- Save, O Lord, and have mercy upon the State of Israel. Shield it with Your love, protect it, and let it know peace. Send Your light and wisdom to its leaders, and direct them with Your good counsel.
- Jason Rezaian - a 39 year-old journalist working for the The Washington Post as their bureau chief in Tehran, Iran was arrested on charges of espionage and propaganda on July 22, 2014.
- Robert Levinson - now 67, went missing while in Iran in 2007. In 2010, his family received proof that he was still alive and being held prisoner. According to the AP, there is reason to believe that Levinson, a former FBI and DEA agent, was working undercover for the CIA at the time of his disappearance.
- Amir Hekmati - the 32 year-old former US Marine was visiting his grandmother and other relatives in Iran when he was arrested in 2011.
- Saeed Abedini - the 35 year-old pastor, husband, and father of two, has been held prisoner in Iran since the summer of 2012. Abedini was visiting relatives and helping to establish an orphanage when he was arrested.
LET PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT PATRIOTS' PRAYERS!
"So I sought for a man among them who would make a wall, and stand in the gap before Me on behalf of the land, that I should not destroy it; but I found no one." --Ezekiel 22:30 (NKJV)
Don't let that happen to America. Be willing to "stand in the gap" on behalf of our land. Pray for America!