Regardless of when or how Trump leaves office, the deep state, the political class, the DC insiders. the collectivists, the socialists, the political & social activists, and the anti-Western elites in business, academia & the media will still be there. They will not have given up. They will not have gone away. And they will be extremely enthusiastic and energized to get their agenda back on track. So, how do we prepare for the consequences of the elites and deep state regaining full control once again?
The Rise of a Highly-Centralized, Politically-Correct, Socialist/Fascist Police State
Its not hard to predict where the Elites are wanting to take us. Just look at where Obama was pushing us. And where Hillary was going to push us had she won in 2016. And where the Dems are openly saying they will push us. Just look at where recent social, political, business, and technological trends are taking us. Just look at the open hostility towards traditional values and beliefs. Just look at the attempts by Big Tech to shut out conservative and Christian voices, or any voice that doesn't totally embrace the politically-correct leftist agenda. Just look at the messages being beamed into our heads on a daily basis by movies, TV, music, and other aspects of pop culture. And I could go on and on. Those of us who are not aware of where they are wanting to take us can only have chosen to be willfully ignorant.
Here's what is coming our way once the Elites regain full control:
- Higher taxes on the middle class (probably much, much higher)
- Higher taxes on big business and the wealthy (but with plenty of loopholes for their tax attorneys to wiggle through)
- Higher taxes on small business (but without the loopholes)
- Much higher level of environmental regulations
- Much higher level of social justice regulations
- Continuing growth of the National Debt
- Renewed attempts at Nationalized Healthcare
- All the above will lead to much slower economic growth and higher unemployment, as well as a shrinking middle-class
- Even greater power and influence for Big Tech and large corporations
- Greater cooperation between government, Big Tech, and large corporations, to our detriment
- Government will grandstand against Big Tech, but they want your data (and control over information) just as badly as Big Tech does, so they won't actually do anything stop Big Tech, as long as Big Tech mostly cooperates with their plans
- New technologies enabling greater and more effective police state surveillance (facial recognition, closer monitoring of Internet activities, tracking of cars, cell phones, even chips in our trash cans to enforce environmental regulations, among other things)
- A Chinese-style social rating system, in which you will need to exhibit certain politically-approved behaviors in order to get loans, get jobs, get a passport, get housing, get into college, and do almost anything in life - ultimate control by the government over you life
- Loss of Free Speech rights, primarily through "hate speech" and "anti-bullying" laws, along with cooperation of Big Tech to suppress politically incorrect speech (another reason government will never really move against Big Tech)
- Most millennials have already been turned against Free Speech, having been taught that it is just an excuse for "hate." This trend will continue.
- Loss of Freedom of Religion (again, in the name of stopping "hate") along with continually redefining it as mere freedom of worship (see my 2015 article on this subject)
- Loss of a Free Press as government allows Big Tech to do their dirty work by deplatorming, demonetizing, and otherwise freezing out all but the "main-stream" (corporate) media
- Loss of Second Amendment rights (note the increasing popularity of "Red Flag" laws to get guns out of the hands of people with "mental health issues" along with the American Psychological Association's recent declaration that "traditional masculinity" such as ambition and competitiveness is harmful - they plan to take away our guns without ever having to repeal the Second Amendment)
- Weaker military
- Open borders, uncontrolled immigration
- Attacks on patriotism
- Attacks on traditional Western culture, values and beliefs
- Attacks on the traditional family unit and traditional gender roles
After Trump won the Presidency in 2016, most preppers breathed a sigh of relief and slowed-down their prepping, if not stopping it altogether. The reality is, Trump's victory did nothing more than perhaps buy us a little more time to prep. The dangers have only been delayed, not eliminated.
Fighting Back Against the Elites and the Deep State
Here is what we need to be doing to fight back: Get out of the system. The less dependent you are on the system, the more you will be able to resist what is coming. Elections matter, even if it is to only buy time, so get informed and vote! Control of the Judiciary is critical. Judgeships matter deeply. Be very active in local politics and talk to local officials. Influence your family, friends, neighbors, co-workers, and fellow church members. Men, lead your family and teach your children. Don't give in to worldly ways, modern sensibilities, and political correctness.
Be especially wary of polices and laws that can be used as a "backdoor" to limit or take away our Freedoms. Hate speech laws allow the government to define "hate" however they wish. School anti-bullying policies more often are used to prevent your children from wearing a patriotic shirt ("bullying" immigrants) rather than stopping a real bully from taking your kid's lunch money. Red Flags laws have "gun confiscation" written all over them, especially in light of the APA's recent willingness to define traditional masculine traits as harmful.
Survival in a Highly-Centralized, Politically-Correct, Socialist/Fascist Police State
Self-reliance is the key. The more self-reliant you and your family are, the less you will be affected by what is coming. Do everything you can to build as much self-reliance as you can while there is still time. I've written a lot on self-reliance, so check out those articles.
Get out of the system. The less you need the system, the less you will be controlled by it. Examples:
- Homeschooling is better than private schools is better than public schools.
- Working for yourself is better than working for a small business is better than working for a large corporation.
- Owning out-right is better than paying a mortgage is better than renting.
- A credit union is better than a small regional bank is better than a big national bank.
- Paying cash is better than a credit card.
- Taking care of your health is better than needing a hospital.
- Living in a small rural community is better than living in a city is better than living in a mega-city.
Privacy is paramount. The more I study what is going on, the more I realize the importance of privacy, and how difficult it is to guard. I also think privacy is one of the most overlooked aspects of prepping. Think about and take steps to protect your privacy, both online and in real life.
From my article Operational Security - Part 3: Countermeasures: "Children, especially young children, tell EVERYTHING to their friends, schoolmates, teachers, neighbors, and other parents (even if you've told them not to). Be especially aware of what you reveal to them, and remember that they do have ears and overhear a lot more than you might think. Remind them often that privacy is important and that they shouldn't share certain information with others. There have been many news stories in recent years of schools quizzing students about their home life, including asking about topics such as the parent's political views and if there are guns in the home. Tell your kids to answer "I don't know, you'll have to ask mommy and daddy about that" and to tell you who was asking those type questions. Review this with them often (they quickly forget)."
Also, check out my Urban Survival article on dealing with the busybody neighbor.
Get back to prepping. Or get started. Many preppers took vacations from prepping after Trump won. Vacation time is over. Get back to prepping now. And if you are not a prepper, become one. Check out my article A quick, no frills, down & dirty guide to preparing for the End for an outline of basic preparedness.
Two book recommendations for those just starting out in preparedness:
1) How to Survive the End of the World as We Know It: Tactics, Techniques, and Technologies for Uncertain Times, by James Wesley, Rawles, and 2) Countdown to Preparedness: The Prepper's 52 Week Course to Total Disaster Readiness, by Jim Cobb.
Prepare for Loss of Freedoms. Preparedness is not just about providing for your physical needs. You need to prepare for the loss of many of your freedoms, too. What will you do if your traditional, Bible-believing church becomes a target of activists? (see my article Prepping for Persecution)
What if Twitter, Facebook, Instagram, and other social media suspend your accounts because of you posted a photo wearing a red MAGA hat? What if the alt-media outlets you use, such as Breitbart, Voice of Europe, or Whatfinger, are forced to shut-down, leaving you only MSM outlets? What if they deplatform and suspend your favorite prepping and survival You Tube channels, blogs, and websites? (see my article Preparing for Big Tech Censorship)
What if a new "fairness doctrine" is passed shutting down talk radio? What if the political indoctrination of you kids in public school becomes even worse? What if your kid gets suspended for wearing a shirt with an American flag? What if your kid's school decides to do what is happening in some European countries, requiring kids to cross-dress as the opposite sex for a week to promote "understanding and diversity?" What if your state passes a "Red Flag" law and your liberal gun-hating neighbor reports you because you play in the church softball league? Don't laugh. Remember, the American Psychological Association just declared "competitiveness" and other traditional masculine traits as harmful, therefore a potential cause to take your guns under a red flag law!
We need to plan for these eventualities just as carefully as we plan our food and water storage. What plans have you made?
Please subscribe to this website using the Follow By Email field at the bottom of the right hand column.
Follow me on GAB at https://gab.ai/TimGamble
Follow me on Minds at https://www.minds.com/TimGamble
Follow me on Twitter at https://twitter.com/TimGamble